Sabtu, 25 Januari 2014

Me, Wikufest and Mozilla!



Hello there! *clean the cobwebs, immediately *
I’m Pandu Putri Pamungkas, they call me Puput, but some people call me Molit, and I like both of them, muehehe. I’m teen, 16 y.o.,  im a settled foreigner, and I’m Mozillian.
Okay, I want to share about Wikufest and Mozilla Class. Firstly, I want to tell you about Wikufest. Wikufest is the annual event of SMK Telkom Sandhy Putra Malang, this year is the 3rd Wikufest and the theme is Techno Startup, and Wikufest have moto “Share. Learn. The ICT World”. Wikufest is like workshop, we learn and share about knowledge, entrepreneurship, and wisdom. Wikufest followed by 2nd and 3rd grade of SMK Telkom Sandhy Putra Malang and Wikufest attended by many inspired and awesome speakers from many company. Wikufest also open some classes with many topic, and one of my favorite  is Mozilla class. Why? Emmm, because I can’t life without internet and Mozilla provide services for internet user, so I think Mozilla is cool, because they can help internet user so much, thanks Mozilla!
i'm participant!



And for your information, there was a little bad experience before Wikufest, the day before Wikufest, we(the 2nd and 3rd grade) choose classes that will follow when Wikufest tomorrow and the system is ‘Who quick, Who get’ and unfortunately my username and password left in my boarding house, so I can’t access the Wikufest web and I can’t choose what classes that I will follow tomorrow. At that time, I feel dissapointed, cause I think that I lost Mozilla Class. But luckily, there was a class in Wikusama Room(at aula) with 220 chair capasity in the 2nd day, so I can join Mozilla Class, Alhamdulillah.
This, Mozilla!

Oke, now I will tell about my experience join Mozilla class. At the 2nd day, I meet with Mbak Irayati Queencyputri a.k.a Mbak Rara, one of Mozilla Volunteer, and she is the speakers of Mozilla Class today. First time I meet with Mbak Rara, I feel enjoy this class, cause she is friendly and beautiful *like I’m :p*. She tell about, What is Mozilla? Mozilla is non-provit foundation and the mission is make user comfortable and easy to surf and use internet, wow it’s a noble mission! If you wanna know more, please go to Mozilla.org. Before join Mozilla Class, I think that Mozilla just have Firefox, but there was many thinngs that Mozilla have, such as: Mozilla OS, ThunderBird, Marketplace, Webmaker and many others. And Mbak Rara share about her experience became Mozilla Volunteer, many things that Mbak Rara get, not provit or money, but she get more than that, they are knowedge and networking. And she also share about History Mozilla, MozSummit (Mozilla Summit), MozCamp (Mozilla Camp), SuMo(Support Mozilla), Mozilla Mission, and she show many video that interested, for me.
Mbak Rara said, that Mozilla also need many people to join with that, cause ‘More people that join, will more better’ and we as student, how can we join with Mozilla? It’s easy guys, we can be Mozilla Volunteer(like Mbak Rara), we can Contibute Mozilla or Support Mozilla, who it is? Just go to mozilla.org/contribute, than  we can join with Mozilla. But, what about if we don’t undersand about IT? Don’t worry, we can help with our passion and opportunity. There was many opportunity that  Mozilla have, there are:
1.      Helping user
2.      Quality Assurance
3.      Coding
4.      Spread the World
5.      Localization
6.      Web Development
7.      Adds-on
8.      Visual Design
9.      Docuentation and Writing
10.  Education
So, follow your passion guys! Don’t worry if we don’t know about that, cause Mbak Rara said that the Mozillian is like sharing.
Hey, I remember that Mozillian also have community, if we active in Mozilla, we can join MozSummit or MozCamp, that are Mozilla community event, Mas Yofie(Mozillian and speaker Wikufest) said that MozSummit and MozCamp like Wikufest, but it’s for Mozillian from all country in this world(MozSummit) and from regional Asia(MozCamp). Wow, it’s amazing! Many things that we can get from Mozilla.
One more, Mozilla Indonesia have cute character, they call it Kumi. Kumi is a papertoy that made originally by Mozillian Indonesia. Kumi is cute! This is Kumi…..
this is balineese kumi

traditional kumi

play kumi


Huah, I think enough, today was very tired, but very awesome. Lets say thank you for you all.
Hey Mbak Rara, Mas Yofie, Mas Dwi, Mas Arief thanks for attending Wikufest3 at SMK Telkom Sandhy Putra Malang. Thanks for the knowledge, experience, merchandise and others, may God repay you all, and Mozilla also. Big big big thanks again from me and I promise I’ll pass on your trail J
And big thanks also for Ikatan Alumni Wikusama who make this event very ‘pecaaaaaah’, thanks for committee Wikufest3 for prepare this event well, not forget to my beloved Big Family of SMK Telkom Sandhy Putra Malang, especially Cinnema-21. So proud be part of SMK Telkom Sandhy Putra Malang!
Let’s  be Mozillian and make better change for better world!
I’m Mozillian and I’m proud! XD
wikufest!

with Sitay and Novi

Hello, Molit there!

I join blog challenge from Mbak Rara from SMK Telkom Sandhy Putra Malang #Wikufest #Wikufest3 #Mozilla  Thanks for reading and see you!
Malang, 25/01/2014
Molit

1 komentar:

  1. Hi, thanks for your concern
    We are terribly sorry about the downtime of the registration site. It's unacceptable by any standard. But sh*t happen and we've learned from it hard way.
    We hope we can serve you much better in the next wikufest.

    So any comment about #Wikufest3? :p
    We would like to hear some input/concern/wishlist :)

    BalasHapus

 

Pandu Putri Pamungkas Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template